this weekend was soooo good. it was over 60 degrees both days, which made my heart happy. we took looonnggg walks, sat on our front steps, talked with neighbors & made big plans for our yard and garden. dreams of outdoor dinners seemed possible & soon. these images begin to tell the story:
1. dinner with new friends!
2. late night mcdonald's vanilla cone (remember this mini-date night?). sun roof open, good music, almost forgot we're adults with a mortgage.
3. the new paint in our family room is a-mazing!! sherwin williams gray clouds is phenomenal -- can't wait to show you the finished room! every time we walk past/in the room we say something about how much we LOVE it. it feels twice as big & like it gets twice the natural light.
4. i tried the cinnamon buns hair from cup of jo & absolutely loved it. what do you think?
5. to ring in spring, i snuck away saturday afternoon for a much needed pedicure. a stack of magazines & bright coral on my toes did my soul good.
6. saturday night, we got home from a really long walk & were excited to cook dinner, but oh so hungry. we put together this little cocktail hour. my grandmother calls this "hot hor d'ouevres" which i always think is so funny (because of course it's just crackers & cheese)
7. because the paint was still drying in the back room, all our books were off the bookshelves & in our living room. i nestled down to read & ryan snapped this photo.
how was your weekend?!