it's hard to believe it will be february this week (?!) how did that happen?! i thought it might be fun to share a little valentine's day wish list with y'all (my sweet husband also asked for some ideas!). valentine's day has become a holiday where we give each other one thing for our home/yard -- usually for ryan that means a new tool (lowes is his favorite place to head on the weekend...) & for me it's something that will make our house a bit cozier. here are some ideas:
1. these new cannisters from west elm are so clean & simple, just my style.
2. i've been looking at this weekender bag from everlane for MONTHS, the bag i've been using since high school is falling apart & this looks so sophisticated & grown up!
4. let's be honest, beautiful return address stamps always get me.
5. this has become my favorite cookbook -- the pork loin, fish cakes & turkey chili are oh-so good! (plus kind of a sweet valentine's title!)
6. you're never too old for pink heart stickers.
7. a friend just ordered these shams & i haven't stopped thinking about how beautiful they are!
8. i recently did a big kitchen cleaning/purging -- it was one of the most rewarding cleaning projects i've ever done & i smile each time i open a cabinet (nerd alert). it also gave me a chance to see if there was anything i don't have that i seem to need quite often -- the only thing that made the list was a small cookie sheet. when i have something small to stick in the oven, it's so cumbersome to use & clean our big cookie sheets, this would get a lot of use!
we don't make a big fuss on valentine's day, usually exchange cards (i can never choose just one), a small gift & make a homemade meal together. i know this day gets a lot of grief, but if you think of it as one more day you can be intentional about your marriage/relationship & have a little fun together, i promise it won't be so bad :) & for all your single readers -- plan a dinner party for your closest friends, host a movie night, and then let me know how it goes!