i'm really excited to share some more photos of our sweet little house with you in the coming weeks. the only room you won't be seeing many photos of is our master bedroom. it's just bleh. it's pretty empty and the only things in it are random, not quite right pieces from other phases of life.
i would love for our bedroom to be a retreat, and a warm, inviting place in our house. so, one of my projects this year is to update it a bit. the thing is, it's not going to take too much -- a lot of the pieces are elsewhere, and just need to be brought together. plus, you know i love a simple room! thought i'd be sharing some of the things that have been inspiring me.
1. i've never had a headboard/bed in my adult life -- always a mattress on a metal frame. so, seriously swooning over this bed, though it's likely way out of our price range, so still hunting!
3. we need a soft, cozy rug -- was going to do something neutral (but alas i always do that...) so might do something kind of fun. anyone have a favorite rug?
5. my sweet maid of honor gave us this frame, in ivory, for our wedding present. this is ridiculous, but it has been sitting on our floor!! soooo ready to get it up on the wall, above the chair below for a little reading nook. i love the ee cummings quote on it: "i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) i am never without it (anywhere i go, you go my dear)"
6. i have a great, old leather chair from college that i can't wait to bring to this room!
7. every good reading chair needs a cozy throw, i'm loving these from west elm -- hard to beat that price!
what am i missing?! excited to show it to you when it's all spruced up! xo