this past weekend we went on our first little trip with ellie. in the coming months, we'll be taking her on big trips to meet family in indiana & new york, so we decided to begin our travels with a shorter trip. this sweet blogger & friend (as well as one of my go-to mamas for advice!) showed us a small getaway with a baby can be a good beginning (it was!).
thanks to an amazing deal on troop swap (groupon for military!), we were able to venture back to the sanderling, a wonderful inn in the outer banks where we celebrated our one year wedding anniversary (check it out here).
photos of our first time with ellie on the beach to come (along with some hilarious stories from all our parenting fails on this trip -- we're still working out the kinks :), but for now, some photos above:
1. me telling ellie about the trip ahead, her looking skeptically at the car...
2. crossing the bridge to the outer banks, collectively taking a deep breath at the sight of a mini-vaca
3. the gorgeous sanderling
4. ellie decked out in her winter beach getaway outfit: her favorite hat & new pjs!
5. morning musts for mama & ellie
6. a breakfast fit for kings, or new parents as the case may be!
7. we'll be back, outer banks!
back with beach photos tomorrow!